My Green Condo (MGC) provides features and functionality leveraged by various entities – condominium residents, homeowner associations, property management and condo association board members. Information shared and captured in MGC will be used only to enhance the services an entity can partake. As these functionalities and features are used, we want to be clear on how MGC uses the information and the ways in which we protect your privacy.
Your privacy matters to My Green Condo Inc., and so whether you are a new user or a long-time user, please do take the time to get to know our practices – and if you have any questions, please contact us.
Information we collect
We collect information to provide better services to all of our users to enable them to efficiently conduct their activities and increase productivity. We collect information in two ways:
- Information provided to us by the condo association or property management. For example, when a condo association or property management company signs up with us for a condominium, they provide us details regarding residents residing in each unit such as name, unit address, owning/renting, phone number, email and any other public information the resident has provided the property management or condo association.
- Information residents provide. For example, when residents sign-in, they have the ability to add/update or provide more information regarding their residence, preferences and anything pertaining to condominium activity and share knowledge/information with other residents through online discussion forums.
- Information collected for condo association and management. Property management, board members have access to condo association documents created and stored online for management and distribution purposes. These documents are securely stored and protected and accessible to only those who have the right level of system permissions.
How we use information we collect
We use the information we collect from all of our services to provide, maintain, protect and enhance the user experience and improve My Green Condo. We also use this information to offer tailored content and experience to all MGC users. We use information collected from cookies and other technologies, to improve your user experience and the overall quality of our services.
All users have different privacy concerns. Our goal is to be clear about what information we collect, so that you can make meaningful choices about how it is used.
For example, you can:
- Login and review all information that is collected online within MGC.
- View and edit preferences, to tailor your experience.
- Manage and control what information is shared within the community.
You may also set your browser to block all cookies, including cookies associated with our services, or to indicate when a cookie is being set by us. However, it’s important to remember that our services may not function properly if your cookies are disabled.
We don’t share information about any resident or association outside the association and its intended use. Information gathered will be only available for use as prescribed within MGC. We don't share or sell personal information with companies, organizations and individuals outside of MGC.Sharing with property managers or system administrators:
- Your property management manages your account wherein; the property manager or system administrator who provides user support to your association will have access to your information (including your email and other data). The property manager/administrator will be able to:
- View resident and unit details.
- Suspend or terminate user account access.
- Access or retain information stored as part of the residence.
- Restrict your ability to delete or edit information or privacy settings.
Please contact your local property management regarding any questions in this regard.Sharing for external processing:
- We will share information with companies, organizations or individuals outside of My Green Condo if we have a good-faith belief that access, use, preservation or disclosure of the information is reasonably necessary to:
- Meet any applicable law, regulation, legal process or enforceable governmental request.
- Enforce applicable Terms of Agreement, including investigation of potential violations.
- Detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues.
- Protect against harm to the rights, property or safety of My Green Condo, our users or the public as required or permitted by law.
Information Protection and Security
We work hard to protect My Green Condo (MGC) and our users from unauthorized access to or unauthorized alteration, disclosure or destruction of information we hold. In particular:
- We leverage information protection scanning tools and encrypt our services using SSL.
- We review our information collection, storage and processing practices, including physical security measures, to guard against unauthorized access to systems.
- We restrict access to personal information and make it available to those on a need to know basis for standard procedures and process, and who are subject to strict contractual confidentiality obligations.
Compliance to Policy